Are you ready to take the Bebras Computing Challenge?
Applications are open for the 2018 Bebras Challenge, taking place from the 5th-16th November.
Bebras introduces computational thinking and computer science to students from 8-18 years by allowing them to solve interactive tasks online.
These tasks consist of fun and engaging short questions that can be answered without prior knowledge of computational thinking but can uncover a student’s aptitude for the discipline.
It teaches participants that computational thinking is an integral part of solving problems in daily life and aims to get students excited about computing.
Bebras is an international competition that takes place in the same two weeks in November in 44 countries. You can schedule the challenge to take place during any school day between the 5th and 16th.
The top achieving students across all age groups will be invited to attend a final round in Maynooth University during Tech Week 2019.
November 2016 ⇒ 1,300 participants
November 2017 ⇒ 5,717 participants
The Bebras Challenge:
- Is FREE!
- Requires no prior knowledge.
- Needs only a minimal time investment from teachers.
- Takes 45 min.
- Runs for two weeks, so many classes can participate.
- Provides certificates of achievement for all participants.
- It is completed online in your own school.
- There are 5 categories with different levels of difficulties.
How to get involved:
Only teachers should register as coordinators and a school may
have more than one coordinator.