Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge 2020 Open for Registration
Bebras introduces computational thinking and computer science to students from 8-18 years by allowing them to solve interactive tasks online.
These tasks consist of fun and engaging short questions that can be answered without prior knowledge of computational thinking but can uncover a student’s aptitude for the discipline.
Bebras teaches participants that computational thinking is an integral part of solving problems in daily life and aims to get students excited about computing.
Bebras is an international competition that takes place in the same two weeks in November in 44 countries. You can schedule the challenge to take place during any school day between the 2nd and 13th.
The Bebras Challenge:
- Is FREE!
- Requires no prior knowledge
- Needs only a minimal time investment from teachers
- Takes 45 min
- Runs for two weeks, so many classes can participate
- Provides certificates of achievement for all participants
- It is completed online in your own school
- There are 5 categories with different levels of difficulties
Want to get involved?
Your students can practice without an account with older tasks on the challenge site: (https://bebraschallenge.techweek.ie/).
During practice, the students’ answers are not recorded and the system provides immediate answer feedback to help the students discover their mistakes.
To register for the official challenge:
- As a coordinator for your school, you can log in here (https://bebraschallenge.techweek.ie/admin/) to create student accounts by one of the following methods. Students can only participate in the official challenge WITH an account.
- Option 1: Create personal accounts by importing a list of students from Excel or .csv. The accounts will be created using the class, names and grades provided on the list. The “class” is an identifier to help schools keep organized, for example “Ms. Bailey’s 4th class.”
- Option 2: Create non-personal skeleton accounts. On the challenge day, your students log in and will be prompted to enter their names. A pseudonym is also acceptable if your school requires this for privacy reasons. However bear in mind, this is the name that will be printed on certificates after the challenge.
- If the account is associated with a grade level, only the challenge for that grade level will be accessible. We suggest you set the grade level to 0, then the student can choose any challenge. Once the student clicks on one age group, it is no longer possible to change to a different age group.
- A student account is single use only. It provides one student access to one challenge.
Download Coordinators Handbook here
ENJOY THE BEBRAS CHALLENGE ANYTIME ON YOUR PHONE!
We are delighted to announce that everyone can improve their computational thinking
The BEBRAS APP is now available and FREE to download on either Google Play store or Apple App store